Friday, March 6, 2009

Last Night I Had A Dream...

Last night, in my dreams, I was trying to ride a pure white, double-humped camel. He was covered in a soft, white saddle-blanket and he wasn’t exactly cooperative. I had wanted to ride the beautiful black horse that had stood beside him and was dressed in fine Arabian or Turkish style elaborate, beautiful blankets, leathers, bangles and baubles, but someone else grabbed him and rode off.

I was trying to escape from murderers who were killing people all around where I was hidden. The people who rode in on the black stallion and white camel had fallen under their sword. I scrambled from my hiding spot and headed for the horse who I knew would be swifter, but as I said, another leg swung over the saddle and he was gone. Someone else was with me, but I only knew this from feeling, I did not see my companion. The camel’s halter was too large for him making it difficult to control him, hold him still so we could mount and escape. He moved in circles and I could not mount to sit between the two humps which is where I felt I should be to ride the beast properly. I was frantically looking for lead ropes to tie to either side of the halter that I could use as reins.

I remember finally pulling the halter tight and tying a knot up behind his ears to make it fit properly. Then my invisible companion handed me a rope. The camel was amazingly clean, his whiteness and his brown eyes looking right at me struck me deeply; the image stuck with me for some reason as I frantically wretched his head and neck to one side, so that I could tie on the rope and escape the madness.

Then things became very confused. I believe I had reins and was finally mounted, though I know not how. I was frantically trying to make the camel run away, arms waving, heels kicking, but we moved at a painfully slow pace. Again, I had the sense that I was not alone but never saw who was with me. Then I woke up.

I don’t know if I escaped the danger or if I was brutally murdered as the other unfortunate, unsuspecting people had been. What could this mean?

9 comments:

Daisy Soap Girl said...

I am not a dream interpretator or anything of the sort but it doesn't seem like a dream where you were in danger. It seems that your invisible companion was looking out for you and helping you as God so frequently does when we're frantically searching for him.

Lady Hands said...

Don't worry!
maybe you love some one and he's not good and you're suffer.
or you're have sickness.
TAKE CARE.

Boshemia said...

From what I know dream interpretation isn't really a set science. So don't take this as gospel or anything accurate here goes...

Don't look at the actual images, but the themes behind them first.

You felt you needed to escape something, which usually means you feel stuck in a situation in real life. You are feeling trapped.

You were disappointed that you did not get your first choice, and what you got stuck with wasn't ideal.

Are you facing a situation in real life in which you feel trapped? Change is needed.

sounds kind of like you have two options before you, and if you don't move quickly you are going to lose the more desirable outcome.

Just a guess.

Max Coutinho said...

Hey Beth,

Ok, the camel & horse scene: it means that you need to forgive and forget the person that took something from you (something that you really wanted).
The fact that the horse is black, it means that you are either surrounded by mystery or you don't understand why that person did what she/he did.

White camel/black horse: two opposite forces - perhaps someone you consider to be either competition or an adversary.

The battle scene: are you involved in any competition (perhaps at work - the fight for a promotion)? Because if you are, the dream is telling you to avoid direct confrontation, be smart...squirm, go through the sideways...

The "person" who was with you but you could only feel: it is an entity. Someone who protects you (most commonly known as guardian angel).

Moving in circles: repetitive situations, same old behavious patterns. Something must be changed, old attitudes must be dropped.

The camel's eyes are alluding to compassion, forgiveness.

If all was slow is because you cannot escape, you must face the situation. However, you are not to fight it directly, as I said, you must use your brain which is powerful (the horse and that is why someone wants to take it from you), know what I mean?

I hope I could help, as I said, I am not an expert (although this subject interests me a lot)!

Have a blessed weekend!

Cheers

E.J. Conn said...

These are amazing interpretations. As I read them they are pointing to situations I am struggling with personally. All the input has allowed me to look at my situation in a new light. I really appreciate all the responses. Onward!

Jon said...

It's funny how dreams mirror real life. They often happen when we need to take action.

Anonymous said...

you need to jangle the handle on the toilet bowl ... NOW!!!!

E.J. Conn said...

Nice. I can see why you published this as anonymous, take it you don't believe in dreams. Maybe I should take it easy on the Indian food, though I believe there is a bit more to it than that...

Max Coutinho said...

LOL LOL Beth, I loved your reply to "Anonymous" LOL LOL...

Anyway, I am glad the dream interpretation could bring some light into what was/is going on in your life :)!

God Bless!